How can social media engage the public?
How can you communicate your work better?
- develop your understanding of the place of science within society and the impact of your work
- gain confidence in engaging the public with your research
- become aware of existing public engagement platforms
- learn about how social media can be used to communicate science
- find your research ‘hook’ – what’s the most exciting thing about what you do?
Through various practical activities, you will explore your work’s impact on society, improve your communication skills and receive direction on how to engage with different audiences. The workshop fee includes all resources, a full day’s tuition with experienced practitioners and refreshments throughout the day. The workshop is organised and run by the British Science Association’s Science in Society team
This workshop is aimed at MSc (research) students and above and is ideal for PhD and early post-doc researchers from all aspects of the sciences.
When: 03/03/14, 10.00 – 16.00
Where: Dana Centre, London (map)
Cost: £50 (+VAT)
For more information, including how to book, please visit the British Science Association website
Are you a practising researcher? Do you want to put science in the headlines? Then the British Science Association Media Fellowships are for you. Application are open until 16 March. Visit our webpage to find out more.