Explore and develop your leadership potential in 3 days with enhanced support in the workplace over 6 months
Audience: Researchers at all stages, professional staff, academics, UK and international
Date: 3-6 March 2015
Every organisation needs great leadership. Dynamic and purposeful leaders can literally change the world. In academia the very best leaders are self-aware, skilful communicators with excellent people skills.
Vitae’s most popular programme since its launch in 2009, Leadership in Action is a three-day course designed to develop leadership skills in researchers. The course focusses on identifying and honing your own personal leadership style. It will bring leadership to all aspects of your personal and professional life.
This year for the first time the programme will be greatly enhanced as the 3 day residential module becomes the starting point for further 6 months of online leadership support.
Whether you are following an academic career path, working in commercial research or considering your career options, you will:
- understand a range of leadership styles
- work with a team of proven leaders from a range of careers
- develop as an effective leader of people and teams
- use strengths and achievements to create success
- build confidence in leadership abilities in a range of situations
- gain advantage in highly competitive employment situations
‘I attended the Leadership in Action course expecting to pick up a few tips, the odd insight. I left 6 inches taller, with increased confidence, team skills and satisfaction’.- Leadership in Action participant
- 96% of attendees say they would recommend the course to others.
- 92% said the course met its stated objectives
The programme enables an institution to rapidly build leadership capacity amongst its researcher and others, creating networks of opportunity.
Discounted rates start from £805 + VAT